Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Dark Knight DVD Site (Review) 7/8 of 10

     I've been in a real Batman mood today, and so I was googling around and found the Dark Knight Website.  Of course, it's been quite some time since the site was updated, which was probably back when the movie was released on DVD (judging the name of the website) back in 2008;  HOWEVER, there is some pretty cool stuff on there.  Once you click on "Enter Site," there will be a neat, quick transition and Viola! the menu pops up a bunch of neat options for you to click on. You can:
  • read all about the DVD(synopsis, Blu-ray features, 2-disc special edition features)
 
  • read about the cast and crew(Christian Bale, yummy!)
 
  • watch official trailers under the "Video" link,
 
  • view a photo gallery of pictures of anyone from Bale and Heath Ledger to Ms. Gyllenhaal and Morgan Freeman,
 
  • order the DVD

  • check out "Friends of Gotham"(meaning you can visit the websites of the movie's sponsors and the Batman Shop

  • get the original motion picture soundtrack

  • check out a special event(clicking on this link will just take you back to the very first screen to click on "Limited One-Time Event Inside")

  • visit the Batman Shop(again)

  • look at a few Dark Knight games

  • get a widget(a link which also seems not to be working)

  • see what the site has "on demand now"(which is a trailer, photos, a synopsis, and another "About the DVD" blurb)

  • and(I saved the best feature for last)check out some super awesome Dark Knight downloadables, including:
    • wallpapers
    • screensavers
    • posters
    • buddy icons(which I'm guessing are like profile pictures you can upload on your social networking sites or somehow use with your Xbox gamertag)
    • and, my personal favorite, THE DARK KNIGHT ULTIMATE FAN KIT!
     You may think I'm overreacting if you're not as big a fan of Batman as I am, but the "Dark Knight Ultimate Fan Kit" is my favorite because it is just so freakin' awesome. You can click on the Joker, Batman, or Harvey Dent and be taken into this entire screen of awesomeness. There's a profile picture creator, a widget, more downloads, site skins, customizable peel-backs, and a book-marking feature. The only downside to this part is the fact that the skins, widget, and peel-backs don't work, or at least not for Blogger, which is probably due to the many updates Blogger has gone through since the time the Dark Knight DVD site was created. If you try them out on Blogger, or on another website for that matter, and they work, it would be awesome if you let me now which one(s)and how you got them to work for which sites in the comments or by some other means. I'm giving this website and 7/8 out of 10.
     Well, that's all I really have to say about this website, so if it sounds as awesome to you as it does to me, go check it out. Right now. Do it. Go there. Now.
      During a scene in The Dark Knight...
      [stumbles out of wrecked truck]
      The Joker: [to Batman] Come on, I want you to do it, I want you to do it. Come on, hit me. Hit me!
       

    Please don't hit me, but go to the site. There's a link below. It's awesome. Seriously.

     
     

    My favourite background

     
     
    Thanks for reading!
    
    ~Batwoman

    No comments:

    Post a Comment